Toni Collette is an Australian actress and musician who has achieved international acclaim for her versatile and compelling performances across various film, television, and stage productions. She was born on November 1, 1972, in Blacktown, New South Wales, Australia.
Collette’s breakthrough role came in the 1994 film “Muriel’s Wedding,” where she portrayed the lead character, Muriel Heslop. The film’s success brought her widespread recognition and critical acclaim. Following this, she continued to impress audiences with her talent in movies like “The Sixth Sense” (1999), for which she received an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress, and “Little Miss Sunshine” (2006).
Throughout her career, Toni Collette has displayed remarkable versatility, transitioning effortlessly between various genres and character types. She has portrayed a wide range of roles, from dramatic to comedic, and has earned numerous accolades for her performances.
In addition to her film work, Collette has also made notable contributions to television and theater. She appeared in TV series such as “United States of Tara,” for which she won an Emmy Award, and “Wanderlust.” On stage, she showcased her talent in productions like “The Wild Party” and “The Realistic Joneses.”
Apart from acting, Toni Collette is a talented musician and singer. She is one of the lead singers of the band Toni Collette & the Finish, which released its debut album “Beautiful Awkward Pictures” in 2006.
Toni Collette Net Worth Growth
|Net Worth in 2023||$18 Million|
|Net Worth in 2022||$16 Million|
|Net Worth in 2021||$14 Million|
|Net Worth in 2020||$12 Million|
|Net Worth in 2019||$10 Million|
|Net Worth in 2018||$8 Million|
|Real Name||Toni Collette|
|Nick Name||Toni Collette|
|Birth Place||Blacktown, New South Wales, Australia|
|Date Of Birth||November 1, 1972|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Siblings||Ben Collette, Christopher Collette|
|School||Blacktown Girls High School|
|College||National Institute of Dramatic Arts|
|Kids||Sage Florence, Arlo Robert|
|Parents Name||Father – Bob Collett|
Mother – Judy Collett
|Net Worth in 2023||$18 Million|
Career And Awards
Toni Collette’s career spans across film, television, and stage, and she is known for her remarkable versatility as an actress.
- Her breakthrough role came in 1994 when she starred as the lead in the Australian film “Muriel’s Wedding.” This role earned her critical acclaim and international recognition.
- In 1999, she gained widespread attention and acclaim for her role as Lynn Sear in M. Night Shyamalan’s thriller “The Sixth Sense,” for which she received an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress.
- She showcased her comedic talent in films like “About a Boy” (2002) and “Little Miss Sunshine” (2006), both of which were well-received by audiences and critics.
- Toni Collette starred in the Showtime series “United States of Tara” (2009-2011), where she played a woman with dissociative identity disorder. Her performance in the series earned her an Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series.
- She appeared in other television series such as “Hostages” and “Wanderlust.”
- In addition to her work on screen, Collette is an accomplished stage actress. She has performed in various theater productions, including “The Wild Party” and “The Realistic Joneses.”
Awards and Nominations:
- Oscar nomination for “The Sixth Sense” (1999)’s best supporting actress
- 2009 Emmy Award for “United States of Tara”‘s Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
- Golden Globe Award Nomination for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical for “Muriel’s Wedding” (1995)
- Golden Globe Award Nomination for Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Miniseries, or Motion Picture Made for Television for “United States of Tara” (2010)
- Screen Actors Guild Award Nomination for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role for “The Sixth Sense” (2000)
- BAFTA Award Nomination for Best Actress in a Leading Role for “Muriel’s Wedding” (1995)
- Tony Award Nomination for Best Actress in a Play for “The Realistic Joneses” (2014)
Social Media Accounts
Top Hit Movies
- Muriel’s Wedding (1994)
- The Sixth Sense (1999)
- Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
- About a Boy (2002)
- Hereditary (2018)
- Knives Out (2019)
- Krampus (2015)
Toni Collette’s education. However, it is known that she attended both high school and acting school in Australia.
Toni Collette completed her high school education at Blacktown Girls’ High School in Blacktown, New South Wales, Australia. After high school, she pursued her interest in acting and attended the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) in Sydney, one of Australia’s leading drama schools. NIDA is renowned for producing many successful actors and has played a significant role in shaping Australia’s performing arts landscape.
During her time at NIDA, Collette honed her acting skills and developed a strong foundation in the craft of acting. Her education and training at the institute likely contributed to her later success as a versatile and acclaimed actress.