Tom Pelphrey was born in Howell Township, New Jersey, on July 28, 1982.He grew up in a family with artistic interests, as his father was a singer-songwriter and his mother was a nurse. Pelphrey developed an early interest in acting and pursued it as a career.
He attended Rutgers University’s Mason Gross School of the Arts, where he honed his acting skills and received formal training. After completing his education, Pelphrey began his acting career by appearing in various theater productions, building a strong foundation for his future work in film and television.
His breakthrough in the entertainment industry came when he joined the cast of the long-running soap opera “Guiding Light” in 2004. He portrayed the character Jonathan Randall, a role that gained him widespread recognition and critical acclaim. In 2006, Pelphrey won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series for his exceptional performance on the show.
Following his success on “Guiding Light,” Pelphrey continued to make a name for himself in the entertainment industry. He appeared in TV series like “As the World Turns” and “The Good Wife,” showcasing his versatility and acting prowess. However, it was his role as Ben Davis in the Netflix series “Ozark” that truly brought him to the forefront of television.
Tom Pelphrey Net Worth Growth
|Net Worth in 2023||$3.8 Million|
|Net Worth in 2022||$3.5 Million|
|Net Worth in 2021||$3.2 Million|
|Net Worth in 2020||$2.8 Million|
|Net Worth in 2019||$2.5 Million|
|Net Worth in 2018||$2.1 Million|
|Real Name||Thomas J. Pelphrey|
|Nick Name||Tom Pelphrey|
|Birth Place||Howell Township|
|Date Of Birth||July 28, 1982|
|Height||6 feet 1 inches|
|Education||Rutgers, The State University, Howell High School|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Kids||Matilda Carmine Richie Pelphrey|
|Parents||Richard Pelphrey, Laurie Pelphrey|
|Net Worth in 2023||$3.8 Million|
Career And Awards
- Tom Pelphrey began his acting career by appearing in various theater productions after graduating from Rutgers University’s Mason Gross School of the Arts.
Soap Opera Success:
- His breakthrough role came in 2004 when he joined the cast of the soap opera “Guiding Light” as Jonathan Randall.
- He portrayed the character with depth and complexity, earning him critical acclaim and a strong fan following.
- He was recognised in 2006 with a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series for his work on “Guiding Light.”
Continued TV Work:
- Pelphrey appeared in other soap operas like “As the World Turns,” further establishing his reputation as a talented actor in the genre.
- Additionally, he had cameos in popular TV shows like “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” and “The Good Wife.”
- One of Tom Pelphrey’s most significant career achievements came with his role as Ben Davis in the Netflix series “Ozark.”
- His portrayal of Ben, a character struggling with mental health issues and personal demons, received widespread critical acclaim.
- Pelphrey’s performance earned him an Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
- Pelphrey expanded his career to film, appearing in movies like “Excuse Me for Living” and “Crazy Alien.”
- His film work showcased his versatility as an actor and his ability to tackle different genres.
- While primarily known for his television and film work, Tom Pelphrey also has a background in theater.
- He participated in various theater productions, contributing to his development as a well-rounded actor.
Awards and Recognition:
- His performance in “Guiding Light” (2006) earned him the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series.
- Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for “Ozark” (2020).
- Tom Pelphrey’s performances have been consistently praised by critics and audiences for their emotional depth and authenticity.
Social Media Accounts
Movies And TV Shows
- Excuse Me for Living (2012)
- Crazy Alien (2019)
- Guiding Light (2004-2009)
- World Turns (2009-2010)
- The Good Wife (2011-2013)
- Banshee (2014)
- Blindspot (2016)
- Iron Fist (2017)
- Ozark (2020)
- Mank (2020)
Tom Pelphrey is a talented American actor known for his versatile performances in television, film, and theater. He first gained recognition for his role as Jonathan Randall in the soap opera “Guiding Light,” winning a Daytime Emmy Award for his outstanding work. He continued to make his mark in the entertainment industry with appearances in other soap operas like “As the World Turns” and guest roles in popular TV shows like “The Good Wife,” “Banshee,” and “Blindspot.”
However, it was his portrayal of Ben Davis in the Netflix series “Ozark” that truly catapulted him to widespread fame. His complex and emotionally charged performance earned him critical acclaim and an Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series. Pelphrey’s ability to delve into intricate characters and convey their emotions convincingly showcased his acting prowess.