Sunny Deol, whose full name is Ajay Singh Deol, is an Indian actor, director, and producer.On October 19, 1956, he was born in Sahnewal, Punjab, India. A well- known Bollywood family is from which Sunny Deol hails.He is the son of legendary actor Dharmendra and the brother of actor Bobby Deol.
With the commercially successful 1983 film” Betaab,” Sunny Deol made his acting debut and came a prominent figure in Bollywood.He gained fame for his intense performances and action-packed roles. Some of his notable films include “Ghayal,” “Damini,” “Gadar: Ek Prem Katha,” “Border,” and “Darr,” among others.
Throughout his career, Sunny Deol has received several awards for his performances, including a National Film Award and two Filmfare Awards. He is known for his powerful dialogue delivery and his on-screen image as an action hero.
Apart from acting, Sunny Deol has also ventured into direction and production. He directed and starred in the film “Ghayal Once Again” in 2016. He has also produced films under his production banner, Vijayta Films.
Sunny Deol’s contribution to the Indian film industry has made him a popular and respected figure among audiences. His unique style and strong screen presence have made him one of the iconic actors of Bollywood.
Sunny Deol Net Worth Growth
|Net Worth (2023)||$16 Million|
|Net Worth (2022)||$15 Million|
|Net Worth (2021)||$14 Million|
|Net Worth (2020)||$13 Million|
|Net Worth (2019)||$12 Million|
|Net Worth (2018)||$11 Million|
|Nick Name||Sunny Deol|
|Birth Date||October 19, 1956|
|Birth Place||Sahnewal, Punjab, India|
|Height||Feet: 5 feet 10 inch|
|Hair Color||Sparkling Amber|
|Face wash for face||Lancome Face Wash|
|Face Cream||Makari Classic Night Treatment Skin Cream|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||Rs. 130 Crore|
|Monthly Income And Salary||1 Crore +|
Career And Awards
Sunny Deol has had a successful career in the Indian film industry spanning several decades. He is known for his versatile performances, particularly in action and intense drama roles. Here’s an overview of his career and some notable awards he has received:
- Sunny Deol made his acting debut in 1983 with the film “Betaab” opposite Amrita Singh.The movie was a box office megahit and made him a recognised leading man.
- He gained recognition for his powerful performances in films like “Arjun,” “Tridev,” and “Ghayal,” which earned him critical acclaim and popularity among the audience.
- One of his most iconic roles was in the film “Gadar: Ek Prem Katha” (2001), where he portrayed the character of Tara Singh. The film was a massive success and became one of the highest-grossing films in Indian cinema.
- Sunny Deol has acted in numerous successful films throughout his career, including “Damini,” “Border,” “Darr,” “Ghayal Once Again,” and “Yamla Pagla Deewana” series, among others.
- In addition to acting, he made his directorial debut with the film “Dillagi” in 1999 and has produced films under his production banner, Vijayta Films.
Awards and Recognitions:
- National Film Award: Best Supporting Actor for the film “Damini” (1993).
- Filmfare Awards: Sunny Deol has received two Filmfare Awards.
- Filmfare Best Actor Award for the film “Ghayal” (1990).
- Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award for the film “Damini” (1993).
These are just a few highlights of Sunny Deol’s career and some notable awards he has received. He continues to be an influential figure in the Indian film industry and has left a significant impact with his performances.
Sunny Deol Top Movies
- Ghayal (1990) – This action-drama film directed by Rajkumar Santoshi is considered one of Sunny Deol’s most iconic movies. He played the role of Ajay Mehra, a passionate young man seeking justice for his brother’s death. The film won numerous awards and was a box office success.
- Damini (1993) – In this hard-hitting social drama directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, Sunny Deol played the role of a lawyer fighting for justice for a rape victim, played by Meenakshi Sheshadri. His intense performance earned him critical acclaim, and he won the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor.
- Gadar: Ek Prem Katha (2001) – Directed by Anil Sharma, this historical romance set during the partition of India became one of the highest-grossing Bollywood films of all time. Sunny Deol portrayed the character of Tara Singh, a truck driver who falls in love with a Muslim girl, played by Ameesha Patel. His powerful performance and dialogue delivery are remembered by many.
- Border (1997) – Directed by J.P. Dutta, this war drama film was based on the Battle of Longewala during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971. Sunny Deol played the role of Major Kuldip Singh Chandpuri and delivered a memorable performance.Both the critical and financial success of the movie.
- Darr (1993) – Though Shah Rukh Khan played the lead role in this psychological thriller directed by Yash Chopra, Sunny Deol’s portrayal of Sunil Malhotra, a man tormented by an obsessive stalker, was widely appreciated. His powerful performance added depth to the film.
- He has appeared in many other successful films, including “Arjun,” “Tridev,” “Jeet,” “Ziddi,” and the “Yamla Pagla Deewana” series, among others. Each of these movies showcases Sunny Deol’s versatility as an actor and his ability to leave a lasting impact on the audience.
Social Media Acount
Sunny Deol completed his schooling at Sacred Heart Boys High School in Maharashtra, India. After completing his school education, he pursued his higher studies at Ramniranjan Anandilal Podar College of Commerce and Economics in Mumbai, where he earned his bachelor’s degree.
While Sunny Deol comes from a family deeply rooted in the Indian film industry, his educational background reflects his focus on academics and a well-rounded education. Despite his family’s involvement in Bollywood, Sunny Deol chose to pursue his passion for acting after completing his education, making a successful career in the film industry.