Shahid Afridi, whose full name is Sahibzada Mohammad Shahid Khan Afridi, is a former Pakistani cricketer and one of the most prominent cricket personalities from Pakistan. He was born on March 1, 1980, in Khyber Agency, Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA), Pakistan.
Afridi gained fame as an aggressive all-rounder, known for his explosive batting style and his leg-spin bowling. He made his debut for the Pakistan national cricket team in 1996 at the age of 16, and he quickly made an impact with his powerful hitting ability, earning him the nickname “Boom Boom Afridi.”
Afridi had a highly successful career spanning over two decades, during which he played in all three formats of the game: Test matches, One-Day Internationals (ODIs), and Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is).
He holds numerous records in limited-overs cricket, including hitting the fastest century in ODI history, off just 37 balls.Afridi’s playing style made him a fan favorite around the world. He was known for his ability to change the course of a game with his aggressive stroke play, often demolishing bowling attacks.
Shahid Afridi Net Worth Growth
|Net Worth 2023||$30 Million|
|Net Worth 2022||$27 Million|
|Net Worth 2021||$25 Million|
|Net Worth 2020||$23 Million|
|Net Worth 2019||$21 Million|
|Name||Shahid Khan Afridi|
|Nick Name||Boom Boom Afridi, LaLa|
|Date Of Birth||March 1, 1980|
|Birth Place||Khyber Agency,Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA),Pakistan|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Brothers||Tariq Afridi,Iqbal Afridi,Mushtaq Afridi,Ashfaq Afridi,Shoaib Afridi,javed Afridi|
|Food Habit||Non Vegetarian|
|Source Of Welth||Cricket|
|Favorite Actor||Amir Khan|
|Hobbies||Driving And Listening To Music|
|Net Worth 2023||$30 Million|
Shahid Afridi Cars
As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, Shahid Afridi has been known to own several luxurious and high-end cars. However, specific details about his car collection may not be widely available or regularly updated.
- In the past, Afridi has been seen with a range of impressive vehicles, including:
- Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG: This is a high-performance luxury SUV known for its powerful engine and off-road capabilities.
- BMW X6: The BMW X6 is a luxury crossover SUV that combines sportiness with elegance.
- Land Rover Range Rover: Afridi has been spotted with a Range Rover, which is a popular luxury SUV known for its refined features and off-road capabilities.
- Toyota Land Cruiser: The Land Cruiser is a rugged and reliable SUV that is widely used for both on-road and off-road purposes.
- Porsche Cayenne: The Cayenne is a luxury SUV with sleek design and powerful performance.
Shahid Afridi had a long and illustrious cricket career representing Pakistan at the international level. Here’s an overview of his career:
- International Debut: Afridi made his debut for the Pakistan national cricket team at the young age of 16 in October 1996, in an ODI match against Kenya.
- Batting Style: Afridi gained recognition for his explosive batting style, characterized by powerful hitting and a penchant for scoring quick runs. He was often known as a hard-hitting batsman and was referred to as “Boom Boom Afridi” due to his aggressive approach.
- Record-breaking Century: In 1996, Afridi became the youngest player to score an ODI century when he smashed a 37-ball hundred against Sri Lanka. This record stood for over 17 years until it was broken in 2014.
- All-rounder Skills: In addition to his batting prowess, Afridi was a handy leg-spin bowler. He was known for his fast and accurate deliveries, which often troubled batsmen. He picked up crucial wickets for Pakistan in numerous matches.
- Captaincy: Afridi had multiple stints as the captain of the Pakistan cricket team. He led the team in all three formats of the game at different times, but his captaincy tenure was marked by inconsistency and controversies.
- Major Tournaments: Afridi played in several major cricket tournaments, including the ICC Cricket World Cup, ICC T20 World Cup, and the Asia Cup. He played a vital role in Pakistan’s victory in the 2009 ICC World Twenty20, leading the team as captain and winning the Player of the Tournament award.
- International Retirement: Afridi announced his retirement from international cricket in February 2017, having played 27 Test matches, 398 ODIs, and 99 T20Is for Pakistan. He finished his career as one of the most capped players in international cricket.