Robert De Niro is an American actor, producer, and director who has made a significant impact on the film industry. Born on August 17, 1943, in New York City, De Niro has become one of the most respected and acclaimed actors of his generation. His career spans over five decades, during which he has portrayed a wide range of characters across various genres.
De Niro gained recognition for his collaborations with director Martin Scorsese, which resulted in several critically acclaimed films. Some of their notable works together include “Taxi Driver” (1976), “Raging Bull” (1980), “Goodfellas” (1990), and “Casino” (1995). His performances in these films showcased his ability to delve into complex and emotionally intense characters.
Apart from his collaborations with Scorsese, De Niro has delivered remarkable performances in numerous other films. He won his first Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role as young Vito Corleone in “The Godfather Part II” (1974). He also received critical acclaim for his performances in “The Deer Hunter” (1978), “The Untouchables” (1987), “Heat” (1995), and “Silver Linings Playbook” (2012), among many others.
In addition to his acting career, De Niro has ventured into producing and directing. He co-founded the Tribeca Film Festival in 2002, aiming to revitalize lower Manhattan after the September 11 attacks. He has also directed films like “A Bronx Tale” (1993) and “The Good Shepherd” (2006).
Robert De Niro Net Worth Growth
|Net Worth in 2023||$500 Million|
|Net Worth in 2022||$400 Million|
|Net Worth in 2021||$300 Million|
|Net Worth in 2020||$200 Million|
|Net Worth in 2019||$100 Million|
|Net Worth in 2018||$50 Million|
|Real Name||Robert Anthony De Niro Jr|
|Nick Name||Robert De Niro|
|Birth Place||New York City|
|Date Of Birth||August 17, 1943|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
|School||Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School|
|Spouse||Grace Hightower, Diahnne Abbott|
|Children||Drena De Niro, Raphael De Niro, Helen Grace De Niro, Elliot De Niro, Julian Henry De Niro, Aaron Kendrick De Niro|
|Parents Name||Robert De Niro Sr.Virginia Admiral|
|Siblings||John De Niro, Joan De Niro|
Career And Awards
- De Niro’s first significant film role was in Brian De Palma’s “Greetings” (1968), which was followed by “Hi, Mom!( 1970), both of which showcased his gift and range as an actor.
- He gained critical acclaim for his role as young Vito Corleone in Francis Ford Coppola’s “The Godfather Part II” (1974), for which he won his first Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor.
Collaboration with Martin Scorsese:
- De Niro collaborated extensively with director Martin Scorsese, and their partnership resulted in several groundbreaking films.
- Their first collaboration was “Mean Streets” (1973), followed by “Taxi Driver” (1976), where De Niro’s portrayal of Travis Bickle earned him an Academy Award nomination for Best Actor.
- They worked together again in “New York, New York” (1977), “Raging Bull” (1980), for which De Niro won his second Academy Award for Best Actor, “The King of Comedy” (1982), “Goodfellas” (1990), and “Casino” (1995).
- De Niro has appeared in numerous critically acclaimed films outside of his collaborations with Scorsese.
Awards and Recognitions:
- De Niro has received numerous awards and nominations throughout his career. He has been nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actor seven times and has won twice (for “Raging Bull” and “The Godfather Part II”).
- In addition to his Academy Awards, De Niro has won two Golden Globe Awards, including the Cecil B.DeMille Award for his exceptional work in the entertainment sector.
- He has also received accolades from prestigious organizations such as the Screen Actors Guild, BAFTA, and Cannes Film Festival.
- Overall, Robert De Niro’s career has been marked by exceptional performances, collaborations with esteemed directors, and a multitude of awards, solidifying his status as one of the greatest actors of his generation.
Social Media Acount
Robert De Niro is an iconic figure in the film industry. His talent, dedication, and versatility have made him one of the most respected and acclaimed actors of all time. From his early breakout roles in the 1970s to his collaborations with director Martin Scorsese and his diverse body of work, De Niro has consistently delivered powerful performances that have captivated audiences.
His portrayal of complex characters, ranging from troubled loners to charismatic mobsters, has showcased his ability to fully immerse himself in his roles and bring depth and authenticity to his characters. De Niro’s collaboration with Martin Scorsese has been particularly influential, resulting in some of the most celebrated films in cinematic history.
Throughout his career, De Niro has been recognized with numerous awards, including two Academy Awards and two Golden Globe Awards, among others. His contributions to the film industry have not only been as an actor but also as a producer and director, with his involvement in the creation of the Tribeca Film Festival.
- High School: De Niro attended the High School of Music and Art in New York City. It was a specialized high school focusing on visual and performing arts. He later transferred to a different high school, the McBurney School, where he completed his studies.
- Stella Adler Conservatory: After completing high school, De Niro pursued further education in acting at the Stella Adler Conservatory, which is a renowned acting school in New York City. The conservatory follows the principles of the legendary acting teacher Stella Adler, emphasizing the development of technique and the exploration of character.
- Lee Strasberg’s Actors Studio: De Niro also studied at the Actors Studio, particularly under the renowned acting teacher Lee Strasberg. The Actors Studio is known for its method acting approach and has been associated with many influential actors.