American actor Rami Malek was born in Los Angeles, California, on May 12, 1981.He is of Egyptian descent, with both his parents being Egyptian immigrants.Malek was raised in the Los Angeles neighbourhood of Sherman Oaks.
From a young age, Malek showed an interest in performing arts and theater. He attended Notre Dame High School in Sherman Oaks, where he participated in school plays and developed his acting skills. After graduating from high school, he enrolled at the University of Evansville in Indiana to study Fine Arts.
During his time at the University of Evansville, Malek continued to pursue his passion for acting and performed in various theatrical productions. After completing his studies, he moved back to Los Angeles to pursue a career in acting.
In 2018, Malek achieved international fame for his portrayal of iconic British musician Freddie Mercury in the biographical film “Bohemian Rhapsody.” His performance was highly praised, and he won numerous awards for his portrayal, including the Academy Award for Best Actor.
Following the success of “Bohemian Rhapsody,” Malek continued to take on diverse and challenging roles in both film and television. He appeared in movies such as “No Time to Die” (2021), the 25th James Bond film, and “Papillon” (2017), a remake of the 1973 film. Malek has also lent his voice to animated films like “The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle” (2020) and “The Addams Family” (2019).
Throughout his career, Rami Malek has demonstrated his versatility as an actor, tackling a wide range of characters and genres. His talent and dedication to his craft have earned him critical acclaim, numerous awards, and a prominent place in the entertainment industry.
Rami Malek Net Worth Growth
|Net Worth in 2023||$20 Million|
|Net Worth in 2022||$19 Million|
|Net Worth in 2021||$18 Million|
|Net Worth in 2020||$17 Million|
|Net Worth in 2019||$16 Million|
|Net Worth in 2018||$15 Million|
|Real Name||Rami Said Malek|
|Nick Name||Rami Malek|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, California|
|Date Of Birth||May 12, 1981|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Parents Name||Father – Said Malek|
Mother – Nelly Malek
|School||Notre Dame High School|
|College||University of Evansville|
Career And Awards
- Rami Malek gained worldwide recognition for his portrayal of Freddie Mercury in the biographical film “Bohemian Rhapsody” (2018). For his performance, he won the Academy Award for Best Actor, Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama, Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role, and BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role, among others.
- Malek has also appeared in other notable films such as:
- The 2006 film “Night at the Museum” and its follow-ups.
- “The Master” (2012), where he starred alongside Joaquin Phoenix and Philip Seymour Hoffman.
- “Papillon” (2017), a remake of the 1973 film, in which he played alongside Charlie Hunnam.
- He portrayed the Bond villain Safin in the James Bond film “No Time to Die” (2021).
- Rami Malek’s breakout role on television was as Elliot Alderson in the drama series “Mr. Robot” (2015-2019). For this role, he won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series in 2016.
- He also appeared in other TV shows such as “The Pacific” (2010) and “The War at Home” (2005-2007).
Awards and Recognitions:
- Award for Best Actor at the 2018 Academy Awards for “Bohemian Rhapsody”
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama for “Bohemian Rhapsody” (2018).
- Mr. Robot (2016) received the Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series Primetime Emmy Award.
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role for “Bohemian Rhapsody” (2018).
- BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role for “Bohemian Rhapsody” (2018).
Movies & TV Shows
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” (2018) – Malek’s portrayal of Freddie Mercury in this biographical film earned him critical acclaim and numerous awards, including an Academy Award for Best Actor.
- “No Time to Die” (2021) – Malek played the role of the Bond villain Safin in the 25th James Bond film.
- “Papillon” (2017) – Malek starred alongside Charlie Hunnam in this remake of the 1973 film, playing the role of Louis Dega.
- “The Master” (2012) – Malek had a supporting role in this drama film directed by Paul Thomas Anderson, where he appeared alongside Joaquin Phoenix and Philip Seymour Hoffman.
- “Night at the Museum” series (2006-2014) – Malek played the role of Ahkmenrah, an ancient Egyptian pharaoh, in all three installments of the popular family adventure-comedy series.
- “Mr. Robot” (2015-2019) – Malek gained widespread recognition for his lead role as Elliot Alderson in this critically acclaimed drama series. He won a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for his performance.
- “The Pacific” (2010) – Malek appeared in this HBO miniseries, which depicted the experiences of U.S.Marines serving during World War II in the Pacific Theatre.
- “The War at Home” (2005-2007) – Malek had a recurring role in this comedy series, where he played the character Kenny.
Rami Malek is an immensely talented and versatile actor who has made a significant impact in both movies and television. He rose to international fame with his remarkable portrayal of Freddie Mercury in the biographical film “Bohemian Rhapsody,” for which he won the Academy Award for Best Actor.
Malek’s ability to bring complex characters to life and his dedication to his craft have earned him critical acclaim and numerous awards throughout his career.In addition to” Bohemian Rhapsody,” Malek has worked on a number of other fruitfulventures.
He got further notoriety for his outstanding performance as Elliot Alderson in the acclaimed TV series”Mr. Robot,” which demonstrated his gift for portraying complex and violentcharacters.
Additionally, he has acted in well- known flicks including” Papillon,” a remake of the classic film, and” No Time to He portrayed the Bond villain Safin in the movie “Die.”Rami Malek’s talent, commitment, and transformative performances have solidified his status as one of the industry’s most respected actors.
With a diverse range of roles and projects ahead, audiences can anticipate his continued contributions to the world of film and television.
Rami Malek attended high school at Notre Dame High School in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, California. After completing his high school education, he went on to pursue a degree in Fine Arts at the University of Evansville in Indiana.
At the University of Evansville, Malek studied theater and performed in various theatrical productions. He was actively involved in the university’s theater program and honed his acting skills during his time there.
Rami Malek’s education in fine arts and his experiences in theater helped lay the foundation for his acting career. His training and dedication to his craft have contributed to his success as an actor, allowing him to take on diverse and challenging roles throughout his career.