Jada Pinkett Smith is an American actress, songster- tunesmith, patron, and businesswoman. She was born on September 18, 1971, in Baltimore, Maryland.Jada has had a successful career in the entertainment industry spanning several decades.
Pinkett Smith began her acting career in the 1990s, appearing in television shows such as “A Different World” and “True Colors.” She gained widespread recognition for her role as Niobe in the science fiction film series “The Matrix Reloaded” (2003) and “The Matrix Revolutions” (2003). Some of her other notable film credits include “Set It Off” (1996), “The Nutty Professor” (1996), “Ali” (2001), and “Collateral” (2004).
Aside from acting, Jada Pinkett Smith is also known for her music career. In the early 2000s, she formed the nu-metal band Wicked Wisdom as the lead vocalist. The band released their self-titled album in 2004.
In recent years, Pinkett Smith has gained attention for her work as a producer and host of the talk show “Red Table Talk.” The show, which premiered in 2018, features candid and open discussions with her daughter Willow Smith and her mother Adrienne Banfield-Norris on various topics, including relationships, mental health, and social issues. “Red Table Talk” has been well-received and has garnered a large following.
Jada Pinkett Smith Net Worth Growth
|Net Worth In 2023||$50 Million|
|Net Worth In 2022||$40 Million|
|Net Worth In 2021||$30 Million|
|Net Worth In 2020||$20 Million|
|Net Worth In 2019||$10 Million|
|Net Worth In 2018||$5 Million|
|Real Name||Jada Koren Pinkett Smith|
|Nick Name||Jada Pinkett Smith|
|Birth Date||September 18, 1971|
|Birth Place||Baltimore, Maryland|
|Height||4 ft 11 in|
|Children||Jaden Smith, Willow Smith|
|Parents||Adrienne Banfield-Norris, Robsol Pinkett, Jr.|
|Education||Baltimore School for the Arts; North Carolina School of the Arts|
|Net Worth in 2023||$50 Million|
|Monthly Income||$0.3 million +|
Career And Awards
- In 1997, Jada Pinkett Smith received critical acclaim for her performance in the film “Jackie Brown,” earning nominations for the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress and the Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Favorite Supporting Actress.
- She won the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture for her role in the film “The Nutty Professor” in 1997.
- For her work in the film “Ali” (2001), Pinkett Smith received nominations for the Black Reel Award for Best Supporting Actress and the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress.
- She was nominated for the BET Award for Best Actress for her role in the film “Collateral” (2004).
- Pinkett Smith has also been recognized for her work on television, including nominations for the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series for the show “Hawthorne” (2009-2011).
Producer and Host:
- As a producer, Jada Pinkett Smith received the Producers Guild of America Visionary Award in 2020 for her work on the talk show “Red Table Talk.”
- “Red Table Talk” has been widely acclaimed and has received multiple nominations, including the Critics’ Choice Real TV Award for Best Talk Show and the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Informative Talk Show.
- In 2005, Pinkett Smith received the Essence Power Award for her contributions to the entertainment industry.
- She has been honored with the Trailblazer Award at the MTV Movie & TV Awards in 2019.
- Pinkett Smith and her husband, Will Smith, were jointly honored with the MTV Generation Award in 2016 for their contributions to film and television.
Social Media Accounts
Top Hit Movies
Jada Pinkett Smith has appeared in numerous films throughout her career, showcasing her talent and versatility as an actress. While the popularity and critical acclaim of movies can vary, here are some of her top hit movies that have garnered attention and recognition:
- “The Nutty Professor” (1996) – In this comedy film, Pinkett Smith played the role of Carla Purty, the love interest of the main character played by Eddie Murphy.The movie was a marketable success and entered positive reviews.
- “Set It Off” (1996) – Pinkett Smith starred as Stony Newsom in this crime thriller about a group of women who turn to bank robbery. The film was both a critical and commercial success and is considered one of Pinkett Smith’s standout performances.
- “Ali” (2001) – In this biographical sports drama, Pinkett Smith portrayed Sonji Roi, the first wife of legendary boxer Muhammad Ali, played by Will Smith. Her performance received acclaim, and the film was nominated for several awards, including two Academy Awards.
- “The Matrix Reloaded” (2003) and “The Matrix Revolutions” (2003) – Pinkett Smith played the role of Niobe in the second and third installments of the popular science fiction franchise.
- “Collateral” (2004) – In this thriller directed by Michael Mann, Pinkett Smith portrayed a taxi driver named Annie Farrell.The film entered critical sun and was a marketable success.
- “Girls Trip” (2017) – Pinkett Smith appeared in this comedy film alongside Regina Hall, Queen Latifah, and Tiffany Haddish. The movie was a major hit, becoming one of the highest-grossing comedies of the year and receiving positive reviews.
Jada Pinkett Smith is a multifaceted talent in the entertainment industry. She has made significant contributions as an actress, singer, producer, and businesswoman throughout her career. Pinkett Smith’s versatility and dedication to her craft have earned her recognition and respect.
From her early acting roles in television shows like “A Different World” to her breakout performances in films like “Set It Off” and “Ali,” Pinkett Smith has showcased her acting prowess and range. She has worked with esteemed directors and received critical acclaim for her performances.
Beyond acting, Pinkett Smith has explored her musical talents as the lead vocalist of the band Wicked Wisdom. She has also taken on producing roles, including notable films like “The Secret Life of Bees” and “Karate Kid.” Additionally, her talk show “Red Table Talk” has garnered a substantial following and received acclaim for its honest and insightful discussions.
Throughout her career, Jada Pinkett Smith has received numerous awards and nominations, including NAACP Image Awards, BET Awards, and the Producers Guild of America Visionary Award. Her talent, passion, and commitment to her craft have solidified her place as a respected figure in the entertainment industry.
Beyond her professional achievements, Pinkett Smith is known for her philanthropy and advocacy work, particularly in areas related to women’s empowerment and education.
Jada Pinkett Smith’s education background includes her studies at the Baltimore School for the Arts. She attended this performing arts high school, majoring in dance and theater. The Baltimore School for the Arts is known for its rigorous arts programs and has produced many talented performers in various disciplines.
While specific details about Jada Pinkett Smith’s education beyond high school are not widely publicized, it is known that she focused on pursuing her acting career in Los Angeles after graduating from the Baltimore School for the Arts.