Gabourey Sidibe is an American actress and author. She was born on May 6, 1983, in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA. Sidibe rose to fame for her breakthrough role as Precious in the 2009 film “Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire.” Her remarkable performance in the film earned her critical acclaim, including an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress.
After her success in “Precious,” Gabourey Sidibe continued to work in the entertainment industry.She was in a number of films, television series, and theatre productions.Some of her notable film credits include “Tower Heist” (2011), “Seven Psychopaths” (2012), and “American Horror Story” (2013-2015, 2021), among others.
Apart from acting, Sidibe is also an author. In 2017, she published her memoir titled “This Is Just My Face: Try Not to Stare.” In her book, she opens up about her life, upbringing, and her experiences in the entertainment industry.
Gabourey Sidibe is known for her strong personality and her advocacy for body positivity and mental health awareness. She has been an inspiration to many, promoting self-acceptance and challenging societal standards of beauty and success.
Gabourey Sidibe Net Worth Growth
|Net Worth in 2023||$6.0 Million|
|Net Worth in 2022||$5.6 Million|
|Net Worth in 2021||$5.3 Million|
|Net Worth in 2020||$4.8 Million|
|Net Worth in 2019||$4.5 Million|
|Net Worth in 2018||$4.2 Million|
|Full Name||Gabourey Sidibe|
|Date of birth||May 6, 1983|
|Birthplace||Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, New York, USA|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Education||Mercy College – Psychology|
|Parents||Alice Tan Ridley and Ibnou Sidibe|
|Net Worth in 2023||$6.0 Million|
Career And Awards
Gabourey Sidibe’s career began with her breakout role as Precious in the film “Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire” in 2009. Her powerful performance in the film garnered widespread acclaim and earned her several award nominations, including an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress.
Following her success in “Precious,” Sidibe continued to build her acting career.She participated in a number of film and television projects, displaying her acting range.Some of her notable film roles include “Yelling to the Sky” (2011), “Tower Heist” (2011), “Seven Psychopaths” (2012), “White Bird in a Blizzard” (2014), and “Grimsby” (2016), among others.
In television, Gabourey Sidibe gained recognition for her recurring role as Queenie in the FX horror anthology series “American Horror Story.” She appeared in several seasons of the show, including “Coven” (2013-2014) and “Freak Show” (2014-2015), and reprised her role in “American Horror Story: Apocalypse” (2018). Sidibe also appeared in other TV shows, such as “The Big C” (2010-2013) and “Empire” (2015-2020).
Apart from acting, Sidibe is an accomplished author. In 2017, she published her memoir titled “This Is Just My Face: Try Not to Stare,” where she candidly shared her life experiences and journey in the entertainment industry.
For her portrayal of Precious in the film “Precious,” Gabourey Sidibe received widespread recognition and numerous award nominations. Some of the significant awards and nominations she received for her breakout role include:
- Academy Award nomination for Best Actress
- nominee for the Best Actress in a Motion Picture Golden Globe – Drama
- Nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Athlete in a Leading Role
- BAFTA Award nomination for Best Actress in a Leading Role
- nominee for Critics’ Choice Movie Awards’ Best Actress
Social Media Accounts
Top Hits Movies
- “Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire” (2009) – This film marked her breakthrough role as Precious, a troubled teenager facing various challenges in her life. The film received critical acclaim and garnered several award nominations.
- “Tower Heist” (2011) – In this action-comedy film, Sidibe starred alongside Eddie Murphy and Ben Stiller. The movie performed well at the box office and was praised for its ensemble cast.
- “Seven Psychopaths” (2012) – In this black comedy crime film, Sidibe had a supporting role alongside a star-studded cast, including Colin Farrell, Sam Rockwell, and Christopher Walken.
- “White Bird in a Blizzard” (2014) – In this indie drama film, Sidibe had a supporting role alongside Shailene Woodley and Eva Green.Critics gave the movie favorable reviews.
- “Grimsby” (2016) – In this action-comedy film, Sidibe played a supporting role alongside Sacha Baron Cohen and Mark Strong.
Gabourey Sidibe is a talented and accomplished actress who gained widespread recognition and critical acclaim for her breakout role as Precious in the film “Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire” (2009). Her powerful performance in this film earned her an Academy Award nomination and placed her in the spotlight of Hollywood.
Throughout her career, Sidibe has continued to showcase her acting abilities in various films and television shows. While she may not have headlined blockbuster movies, she has worked with notable actors and directors, leaving a lasting impact on the entertainment industry.
Beyond her acting career, Gabourey Sidibe has also been an inspiration to many through her advocacy for body positivity and mental health awareness. She has used her platform to challenge societal norms and promote self-acceptance.