Brandon Routh is an American actor who has appeared in both film and television. He was born on October 9, 1979, in Des Moines, Iowa, USA.Brandon Routh gained widespread recognition for his portrayal of Clark Kent/Superman in the 2006 film “Superman Returns.”
Directed by Bryan Singer, the film was intended as a sequel to the original Christopher Reeve Superman films. Routh’s performance was generally well-received, but the film received mixed reviews.
Routh played the character Ray Palmer, also known as The Atom, in the DC Comics-based television series “Arrow” (2014-2019) and its spin-off series “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” (2016-2020). His portrayal of Ray Palmer was known for its humor and charm.
Routh has appeared in various other film and television projects. Some of his other notable works include the film “Dylan Dog: Dead of Night” (2010) and guest roles on TV shows like “Chuck” and “The Flash.”
Brandon Routh Net Worth Growth
|Net Worth in 2023||$3.0 Million|
|Net Worth in 2022||$2.8 Million|
|Net Worth in 2021||$2.5 Million|
|Net Worth in 2020||$2.1 Million|
|Net Worth in 2019||$1.7 Million|
|Net Worth in 2018||$1.3 Million|
|Real Name||Brandon James Routh|
|Birth Place||Des Moines, Iowa, USA|
|Date Of Birth||October 9, 1979|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|School||Norfolk High School|
|College||University of Iowa|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Parents Name||Father – Ronald Ray Routh |
Mother – Catherine LaVaughn
|Net Worth in 2023||$3.0 Million|
Career And Awards
- “Superman Returns” (2006): Brandon Routh’s breakout role was as Superman/Clark Kent in the 2006 film “Superman Returns.” While the film itself received mixed reviews, Routh’s portrayal of the iconic character attracted notice and aided in the beginning of his Hollywood career.
- DC’s Arrowverse: Routh played the character Ray Palmer/The Atom in the DC Comics-based television series “Arrow” (2014-2019) and its spin-off series “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” (2016-2020). His portrayal of Ray Palmer was well-received by fans, and he became a beloved character within the Arrowverse.
- “Crisis on Infinite Earths” (2019): In this crossover event within the Arrowverse, Brandon Routh made a special return as Superman, reprising his role alongside Tyler Hoechlin, who played another version of the character. His return to the role was a notable moment for fans of the character.
- Other Film and TV Roles: Routh has appeared in various other film and television projects, including “Dylan Dog: Dead of Night” (2010), guest appearances on TV shows like “Chuck,” and roles in independent films.
Awards and Nominations:
- While Brandon Routh has had a successful career in film and television, he has not received major awards like Academy Awards or Golden Globe Awards. However, he has received recognition and nominations for his work in the following areas:
- Saturn Awards: Routh was nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Actor for his performance as Superman in “Superman Returns.”
- Teen Choice Awards: He received a Teen Choice Award nomination for Choice Movie Rumble in “Superman Returns.”
- Critics’ Choice Television Awards: Routh’s work in “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” contributed to the show’s ensemble being nominated for Critics’ Choice Television Awards.
Social Media Accounts
Top Hits Movies and TV Shows
- Superman Returns (2006)
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010)
- Dylan Dog: Dead of Night (2010)
- 400 Days (2015)
- Arrow (2014-2019) and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (2016-2020)
- Crisis on Infinite Earths (2019)
- Chuck (2010)
Brandon Routh is an American actor who gained fame for his portrayal of Superman in “Superman Returns” and for his role as Ray Palmer/The Atom in the Arrowverse. His career has included a range of film and television roles.
And he has been recognized for his contributions to the world of DC Comics-based entertainment. While he may not have received major awards, he has earned a dedicated fanbase and has been a part of some notable projects.