Actor, director, and writer Andrew McCarthy is American.He was born on November 29, 1962, in Westfield, New Jersey, United States. McCarthy rose to fame in the 1980s as a member of the “Brat Pack,” a group of young actors who frequently appeared together in teen-oriented films.
Some of McCarthy’s notable film roles include “St.Less Than Zero( 1987),” Elmo’s Fire”( 1985),” Enough in Pink”( 1986),” Weekend at Bernie’s”( 1989), and” Elmo’s Fire”( 1985). He became known for his boyish charm and was often cast as the romantic lead in coming-of-age stories.
In addition to his acting career, McCarthy has ventured into directing and writing. He has directed several episodes of popular television shows, including “Gossip Girl,” “Orange Is the New Black,” and “The Blacklist.” As a writer, he has published travel articles and A 2012 bio named”.
The Longest Way Home One Man’s Quest for the Courage to Settle Down” is one of these books.
While McCarthy’s acting career reached its peak in the 1980s, he has continued to work in the industry, both in front of and behind the camera. He has appeared in various films, television shows, and theater productions.
Andrew McCarthy Net Worth Growth
|Net Worth in 2023||$15 Million|
|Net Worth in 2022||$14 Million|
|Net Worth in 2021||$12 Million|
|Net Worth in 2020||$10 Million|
|Net Worth in 2019||$8 Million|
|Net Worth in 2018||$6 Million|
|Real Name||Andrew Thomas McCarthy|
|Nick Name||Andrew McCarthy|
|Birth Place||Westfield, New Jersey, United States|
|Date Of Birth||29 November 1962|
|Height||Feet and Inches – 5′ 9″|
|Hair Colour||Light brown|
|Education||The Pingry School, New York University,Bernards High School|
|Children Name||Sam McCarthy, Willow McCarthy|
|Spouse||Dolores Rice, Carol Schneider|
|Net Worth||$15 Million|
Career and Awards
Andrew McCarthy has had a diverse career in the entertainment industry as an actor, director, and writer. Here is a summary of his career and some notable awards and nominations:
- McCarthy gained prominence in the 1980s as a member of the “Brat Pack” in films such as “St. Elmo’s Fire” (1985) and “Pretty in Pink” (1986).
- He appeared in other successful movies during that period, including “Less Than Zero” (1987), “Mannequin” (1987), and “Weekend at Bernie’s” (1989).
- McCarthy has also worked in television, starring in the series “Lipstick Jungle” (2008-2009) and “Kingdom Hospital” (2004).
- He has continued to act in both film and television, taking on various roles in movies like “The Spiderwick Chronicles” (2008) and TV shows such as “The Family” (2016) and “Orange Is the New Black” (2018).
Directing and Writing:
- McCarthy has directed numerous television episodes, including episodes of “Gossip Girl,” “The Blacklist,” “The Twilight Zone,” and “Good Girls,” among others.
- As a writer, he has contributed travel articles to publications like National Geographic Traveler and The New York Times. He has also authored books, including the memoir “The Longest Way Home: One Man’s Quest for the Courage to Settle Down” (2012).
Awards and Nominations:
- McCarthy’s work has garnered critical acclaim, but he has not received any major acting awards. However, his contributions as a director have been recognized.
- He was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series for his work on “Orange Is the New Black” in 2014.
- McCarthy won the Directors Guild of America Award for Outstanding Directing – Comedy Series for his direction of the pilot episode of “Orange Is the New Black” in 2013.
- He has also received recognition for his travel writing, including the Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism Award.
Social Media Accounts
Andrew McCarthy graduated from the introductory academy Pingry School after attending Bernards High School.He attended New York University to study acting.